The Ice Ground is a Malaysia local brand with three years of cosmetics expertise. They launched new product on early May 2021 which is Pristine Glacial Clay Mask. A pioneer of eco skincare, a
cleansing mask that were selected from Canada’s glacier mud that has been nourished and collected by the glaciers for millions of years.
It is rich in trace elements and various enzymes that are beneficial to the skin and helps to promote the nutritional balance of the skin. They use the natural and healthy skin care concept to care for the skin and help relieve a variety of skin problems.
Ice Ground is very kind to send me one capsule of Pristine Glacial Clay Mask to try. It includes with brush and cute pouch bag. So here are my short review since I only used it one time only.
Some of you might not know this but clay masks are considered as a gentle way of exfoliating. Therefore after masking, follow your routine with hydrating skincare products.
helps remove acne, brighten skin & remove blackheads
For all skin type
RM189 (PRISTINE GLACIAL CLAY MASK x 9g/8)
include with a brush and FREE makeup sponge x 1
- Canada Bentonite clay mask – acts as magnet to draw dirt from pores, absorbs toxins, draws out blackheads, & kills acne-causing bacteria
- Lavender flower extract – has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic & anti-bacterial properties.
- Camelia leaf (green tea) extract – classified as flavonoids which has large compounds of potent antioxidant properties & help decrease excess sebum production.
- Matricaria chamomilla flower extract – contain tannic acid which has natural astringent, skin calming properties & speed healing.
- Olive extract – slow the appearance of aging, purify & nourish skin.
Full List Ingredients :
Texture & Scents:
creamy greenish clay w/ refreshing smells.
How to use:
It only takes 8 minutes to reach the treatment of the beauty salon.Ice Ground
- capsule packaging?
Love it! easy to use & travel friendly. And YES for its brush – makes easy to apply mask w/o mess.
- Creamy texture?
Perfect consistency! glides effortless on skin.
- Has tingling sensation?
Yes! but fade after a while. I just leave it on for 5 minutes.
- Immediate Result?
Yup, Instant brighten & purifying, Skin feels fresh. But not for removing whiteheads/blackheads/clogged pores (regular exfoliation will show improvement)
- Breaking out/Purging?
Yes! grow tiny pre-pimples or microcomedones on both cheeks & new pimples on forehead. Glad it does not stays on my skin for more than five days. During this condition, I skipped using serum or ampoule, focus more on hydrating and strengthen skin barrier. I apply moisturizer rich in ceramide and Centella Asiatic. It really helps with pre-pimples.
- How often I would reach out?
Once a week/ 2 weeks
- Like it / Hate it / Just OK ?
- Actually, Bentonite clay is suitable for oily/acne skin concern.
- For dry-ish & slight sensitive skin like me, sorry that my skin can’t handle it. It’s normal to feel tangling sensation when applied clay mask but this time my skin shows unpleasant reaction the next day.
- I don’t think my skin is purging. it just doesn’t get along w/ bentonite clay. Sadly this was not my cup of tea. It’s just OK
- Acneic skin would probably love it!
Have you guys tried any bentonite clay mask? Does it shows any unpleasant reaction with your skin too, or is it just me huhu.
1- 𝑃𝑅 𝑔𝑖𝑓𝑡 by ICE GROUND 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑒𝑥𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒 𝑜𝑓 ℎ𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑡. What’s best for me might not work for you because everyone skin is unique and different. All reviews are based on solely from my experience and skin reaction.YMMV
2- Please read in context with my disclaimer.